Every employee of North Star Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
1. Must submit to court records search/background review.
2. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
3. Must submit and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
4. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
5. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. Must attend all training provided by the North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Food & Beverage Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as assigned.
6. Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. All other assigned duties.
1. High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
1. North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
2. Must possess good communication skills and possess the ability to speak effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
3. A minimum of one ( 1) year culinary experience is preferred. If not Serve Safe Certified, must obtain certification within three (3) months of employment.
4. A minimum of six (6) months customer service experience is preferred.
5. Must possess a basic knowledge/understanding of fryers (oils and their temperatures), grilling of simple meats (hamburgers and hot dogs).
6. Ability to understand and perform job assignments.
7. Ability to understand and follow recipes and other directions.
8. Strive to work independently, with minimal supervision.
9. Maintain a positive attitude towards each guest and fellow employee; and participate in a strongteam effort.
10. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
11. Must have basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
1. Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift; which includes prolonged periods of being on your feet.
2. Required to frequently stand, walk, talk and hear. Also required to use hands/fmgers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms; along with the ability to lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds on a frequent basis.
3. Required vision abilities to perform this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception along with the ability to read tickets and adjust focus.
4. Must be able to work in an area that is both unusually hot and cold; with a moderate to higher than normal noise level.
5. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.
1. Perform all tasks required to provide service to the guests in the cafe area including answering guest inquires, etc.
2. Cook, prepare, and serve food items according to specifications in an efficient manner while
displaying the highest standard of guest services.
3. Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to guests. Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner.4: Maintain current knowledge of product offerings and prices. Inform guests of food and beverage specials, prices, and portions of food items. 5. Maintain a safe and clean environment for guests and fellow associates.
6. Keep work area neat, clean, sanitized, and stocked of needed product and supplies.
7. Engage guests in conversation and make their experience memorable.
8. Report any guest complaints or concerns to immediate supervisor for resolution.
9. Be knowledgeable of the facility, as location of restrooms and telephones, hours of operation, etc. and be able to efficiently handle guest inquiries
10. Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
11. Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
12. Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
13. Complete other duties as assigned.