1. Assist residents with personal comfort, grooming, and personal hygiene when needed or per the plan of care.
2. Assist elders in activities of daily living; encourage appropriate self-care and independence.
3. Provide a safe environment by minimizing health and safety risks for residents throughout the entire building and especially in the resident’s personal (living) room.
4. Administer all physician ordered special care, example; skin care, bathing techniques.
5. Assist resident with transfer to chairs or beds as needed.
6. Accompany resident to out of facility appointments and recreational activities.
7. Collect specimens as ordered by physicians: urine sample only.
8. Immediately report to CBRF Manager any special or emergency needs of the resident.
a. Provide appropriate care as needed.
b. Document in the resident’s plan of care.
9. Perform various tasks as instructed. Example; taking vital signs, recording them, and reporting them to the proper authority as instructed.
10. To ensure accurate record keeping of all services, document in the resident’s chart; the resident’s progress, significant changes in behavior, and other occurrences or issues.
11. Clean and maintain the resident’s personal living room and bathroom.
12. Answer phone and relay messages to proper resident, employee, or other contact.13. Provide social interaction with residents and encourage and assist them with participation in social activities.
14. Provide a home-like atmosphere for all residents.
15. Required to assist residents in emergencies; fire, tornado, etc. and during drills.
16. Required to call the appropriate department in cases of emergencies; (911, EMTs, Fire Dept. & Center Manager)
17. Prepare meals, serve meals, assist in clean up after meals and provide snacks. Also follow physician’s orders for diet restrictions/modifications.
18. Administer authorized medications and/or treatments to residents under the supervision of the CBRF Manager.
19. Grocery shop for the CBRF when necessary.
20. Perform various housekeeping duties such as but not limited to;
1. Keep the linen/utility room clean and organized.
2. Keep the laundry facility in order and organized.
21. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
22. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
23. Maintain strict department security, confidentiality, and quality to meet professional standards of the department.
24. Must be willing to attend all applicable training. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.