1. Must attend all training as required by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Hotel Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as required by the organization.
6. Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. Answer and process all incoming calls while maintaining a positive and professional image for the property.
10. Check bulletin board and log books for all pertinent and updated information.
11. Forward messages and faxes as needed to guests and various internal departments in a timely manner.
12. Must be completely familiar with all the different types of rooms, suites, room rates and room packages, special offerings and amenities.
13. Be knowledgeable and familiar with the resort’s activities, other venues and its hours of operation and promotions.
14. Record and follow up on guest requests.
15. Use of a radio to communicate between security, facilities in emergency and non-emergency situations.
16. Be familiar with optional overnight accommodations in the area and their phone numbers in the event the hotel is booked or over booked.
17. At all times maintain a presence at the front desk with a smile when on duty.
18. Always use the guest’s name whenever possible.
19. Respond to guest inquiries in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
20. Use proper language and phone etiquette when dealing with guests or peers.
21. Adhere to the highest service standards to offer the resort guests an optimum hospitality experience.
22. Greet and register guests upon their arrival and issue room key.
23. Review all special requests and handle as appropriate. Extra pillows, wake up calls etc.
24. Report pertinent information to the hotel Front Office Coordinator or Manager.
25. Receive and record payments (credit cards, cash, etc.) and post guest charges of all types to their account.
26. Be cognizant of the traffic flow in the lobby for efficiencies and guest satisfaction.
27. Carry out all assignments received from the Front Office Coordinator or Manager.
28. Book reservations per procedures over the phone for individual guests, groups, or organizations.
29. Works closely with the Front Office Coordinator and Front Office Supervisor to ensure availability of room blocks for groups and their requirements.
30. When dealing with a guest complaint, demonstrate active listening skills and try to remedy the situation to the satisfaction of the guest. If not successful, turn the situation over to the supervisor.
31. Interact and communicate with guests, peers, and other departments.
32. Keep front desk and PBX area clean and orderly throughout the shift. Prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
33. Assume the duties of other team members when there are staff shortages or simply assist them.
34. Complete end of shift paper work and make bank deposit. Keep your bank secured at all times during the shift.
35. Return all telephone messages in a timely manner.
36. Respond to guest inquiries in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
37. All other assigned duties.