1. Under the tutelage and oversight of the Internal Auditor, receive on-the-job instruction and guidance in the function of internal auditing.
2. Complete audits and other assignments to assess the effectiveness and accuracy of financial records and efficiency of operations. This will include periodic reviews relating to financial, program, and personnel practices to ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
3. Submit completed audits for Internal Auditor’s review and approval.
4. Provide assistance to Internal Auditor in monitoring and recommending revisions to gaming financial policies and procedures, and performing prescribed internal audit procedures to assist external auditors.
5. Learn and keep current of all applicable Tribal, Federal, and State fiscal laws and regulations.
6. Assist the Tribal Auditor when needed.
7. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures and policies of the Stockbridge-Munsee Community.
8. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
9. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
10. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
11. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
12. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.
13. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.