1. A Baccalaureate Degree in Early Childhood Education required (as mandated by the Federal Head Start Act of 2007). DPI license preferred. (MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF DEGREE TO COMPLETE APPLICATION.)
2. Must be 21 years of age or older. This is a state licensing requirement.
3. One (1) year teaching experience in an early childhood setting is preferred.
4. Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training at a minimum of 25 hours annually as mandated by state licensing requirements
5. Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications or willingness to obtain these certifications within (30) days of date of employment is required. Must maintain CPR and Red Cross First Aide Certification during employment.
6. Must complete certification on Mandated Reporting, Child Abuse and Neglect, and Shaken Baby Syndrome is required within (90) days of employment.
7. Knowledge of or the ability/willingness to learn about Stockbridge-Munsee Community, its history, culture, language and integrate into curriculum is required.
8. Ability to work cooperatively with Head Start staff, parents of children, and other child support systems in the best interests of the children is required.
9. Ability to develop and effectively carry out age-appropriate activities with a specific group of children is required.
10. Ability to maintain a healthy physical environment by following health and safety procedures (e.g., following universal precautions, regularly sanitizing equipment, child-proofing environment, etc…).
11. Ability to inform and communicate orally and in writing in diverse and challenging situations with the ability to process information effectively, identify and define problems and make objective decisions is required.
12. Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, laminator, television, copy, and fax machine is required. Additional knowledge of smart board, ipad, and more advanced technologies preferred.
13. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
a. Frequently sit, bend/stoop, squat, carry and lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
b. Occasionally stand, walk, crouch, kneel, balance, and push and pull.
c. Must be able to use both hands for repetitive movements, simple and firm grasping.
d. Applicants must complete a self-disclosing Physical Questionnaire prior to start of employment.
14. Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to start of employment.)
15. Must pass a pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment. A Tuberculosis (TB) screening and/or TB Skin Test is required prior to employment and annually thereafter.
16. Must provide written documentation from a doctor that a physical examination was performed within (30) days of employment and annually thereafter.
17. Must submit and pass a background security check to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements as it pertains to the position and the location of the department prior to and during the course of employment with the Stockbridge-Munsee Community. This includes obtaining an elder/youth license.
18. A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a personal and tribal vehicle under the Stockbridge-Munsee Community Vehicle Drivers Policy prior to actual start date. Must maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment.
19. Stockbridge-Munsee Community Food Safety Certification is required with in three (3) months of employment. Must maintain Food Safety Certification during employment.
20. Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
21. Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
22. Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
23. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
24. Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
25. Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines