Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
2. Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
3. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
4. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
5. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
6. Must be 18 years of age
1. Must attend all training provided by the North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Food & Beverage Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as assigned.
6. Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. All other assigned duties.
1. High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under
1. North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
2. Must possess good communication skills and possess ability to speak effectively and interact well with the customers and employees. Must be able to assist with special needs of customers.
3. A minimum of six (6) months customer service experience is preferred.
4. Previous cash handling experience is required.
5. Must have basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
6. Must have ability to remain calm and professional in a fast paced environment.
7. Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift including maneuvering through crowded areas. Must be able to work in an area that is unusually noisy environment.
1. Welcome guests and seat dining guests according to available sections and guest preference. Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner.
2. Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to guests.
3. Maintain table numbers, time served, and assigned servers for each section.
4. Inform servers of guest placement and communicate any special requests or needs.
5. Take comp and VIP reservations. Answer telephone calls appropriately according to procedures.
6. Process monetary transactions with guests. Adhere to all revenue handling policies and procedures.
7. Maintain and verify cash drawer on a daily basis; keep cash drawer supplied with sufficient monies.
8. Maintain current knowledge of menu and beverage selections and menu prices.
9. Have a consistent awareness of all activities occurring in each section. Visibly monitor service and performance of each server.
10. Maintain a safe and clean environment for guests and fellow associates.
11. Keep work area neat, clean, and stocked of needed supplies.
12. Provide assistance in clearing and setting tables, as necessary.
13. Report any guest complaints or concerns to immediate supervisor for resolution.
14. Be knowledgeable of the facility, as location of restrooms and telephones, hours of operations, etc. and be able to efficiently handle guest inquiries.
15. Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
16. Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
17. Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
18. Complete other duties as assigned.