1. High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Formal/vocational training in light, heat, and power systems desired.
2. Two years’ experience in building maintenance and repair required.
3. Two years of experience in inventory control of equipment and supplies preferred.
4. Organizational, planning, and reading skills required.
5. Physically able to perform all job duties as required, to include being able to lift at least a minimum of 40 pounds.
6. Must be capable of walking, standing, bending and climbing.
7. Demonstrated ability to operate and maintain all related equipment.
8. Must be able to work with computer software to maintain heating & cooling equipment, to secure the building and respond to emergency alarms and announcements and maintain an inventory for material Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and complete online price searches for maintenance parts and supplies.
9. Must be dependable and work with minimum supervision, work well with others and follow instructions.
10. To maintain security, safety and privacy must be able to escort people, deliveries and maintenance service vendors in and out of building areas as authorized and as needed.
11. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of heating & cooling systems, air conditioners, minor plumbing and electrical repair, and minor carpentry.
12. Must have the ability to operate various maintenance equipment which could include but are not limited to: snow plowing, riding and push lawn mower, snow blowing, genie lift equipment and tools required to complete maintenance and repairs.
13. Ability to comprehend material Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
14. Must participate and assist with emergency preparedness and planning
15. Must be able to respectfully work with a variety of people with varying social and cultural backgrounds.
16. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
17. Must be 18 years of age.
18. Will be expected to report to the Health Center in times of crisis such as: lightning strikes, power outages, heating or cooling or other building equipment breakdowns.
19. Ability to read and understand blueprints and operation manuals.
20. Must submit and pass a background security check to meet the Elder/Youth License Requirement as it pertains to the position and the location of the department prior to and during the course of employment with the Stockbridge-Munsee Community.
21. Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
22. Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
23. Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
24. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
25. Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
26. Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within 30 days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must meet and maintain the eligibility to operate a personal or tribal vehicle under the driver acceptability guidelines as established by Mohican Nation Insurance.
27. Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines.
28. Must adhere to Tribal law and other applicable laws as well as Tribal personnel policies and procedures.