Every employee of Stockbridge Munsee Community is expected to present themselves in a professional manner to customers as well as other departments. Stockbridge Munsee Community strives to provide a provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
This position is limited to 8 weeks (320 hours) and is designed to lead a crew of 4 natural resource summer youth workers. The crew leader will be required to drive the summer youth workers to and from work sites, provide motivation and direction for natural resource activities, and ensure crew safety. An extensive amount of field work is required with this position and crew leader may be exposed to adverse weather conditions, biting insects, adverse terrain, etc. Crew leader will be required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment which will be supplied by employer.
All employees of Stockbridge Munsee Community must meet the following qualification:
1. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug and health screening.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated on job description
3. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record
4. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays
1. Assist Fish & Wildlife, Environmental, and Forestry staff with planned projects which will include, but are not limited to: fish & wildlife surveys, water sampling, forestry activities, wetland delineations, stream restorations, fish rearing, invasive species management, wetland restoration activities, and environmental education.
2. Prepare and present an end-of-the-year final report to Tribal Council.
3. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
4. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
5. Required to attend job related, in-service meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
6. Must adhere to Tribal law and other applicable laws as well as Tribal personnel policies and procedures.
7. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs that are deemed necessary by the supervisor.
1. Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Ability to maintain favorable public relations. 3. Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
4. Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
5. Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
6. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
7. Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
8. Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within 30 days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must meet and maintain the eligibility to operate a personal or tribal vehicle under the driver acceptability guidelines as established by Mohican Nation Insurance.
9. Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
1. This position requires a lot of sitting with occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
2. Evening and/or weekend is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
3. Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene due to working in close proximity to others and in an enclosed area.
4. A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or TB Skin Test may be required.