Every employee of North Star Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
1. Must submit to court records search/background review.
2. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
3. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
4. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
5. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. Must attend all training as required by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Food & Beverage Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as required by the organization.
6. Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. All other assigned duties.
1. High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
1. North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
2. Minimum of one (1) year of culinary experience is preferred. If not Serve Safe Certified, must obtain certification with three (3) months of employment.
3. Must possess a basic knowledge/understanding of fryers (oils and their temperatures), grilling of simple meats (hamburgers and hot dogs), grilling of proteins, (steak, chicken, pork, fish) and know their doneness levels.
4. Ability to understand and perform job assignments.
5. Ability to understand and follow recipes and other directions.
6. Strive to work independently, with minimal supervision.
7. Maintain a positive attitude towards each guest and fellow employee; and participate in a strong-team effort.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
9. Must have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, fractions, and percentages.
10. Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
11. Must possess a working knowledge of food production, sanitation guidelines, and the operation of numerous kitchen appliances and equipment.
12. Must have ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
1. Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift; which includes prolonged periods of being on your feet.
2. Required to frequently stand, walk, talk and hear. Also required to use hands/fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms; along with the ability to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds on a frequent basis.
3. Required vision abilities to perform this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception along with the ability to read tickets and adjust focus.
4. Must be able to work in an area that is both unusually hot and cold; with a moderate to higher than normal noise level.
5. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.
1. Responsible for preparing all cold and hot food items according to food specifications for the cooks.
2. Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to guests.
3. Prepares items for cooking by washing, peeling, cutting, paring, portioning, etc. and placing all items in their respective refrigerators for future use.
4. Prepares a variety of cold meats, such as cracking or removing the shell from seafood, slicing cold cuts for serving, and breading fish.
5. Use kitchen equipment (knives, hand tools, utensils) to cut, chop simmer, steam, shape, fold, blend, and cook food.
6. Inspect equipment before and after use, making sure of cleanliness, sanitation, and proper working order.
7. Ensure food items are properly stored, including raw materials and prepared items.
8. Rotate product correctly so that the oldest product is used first, to minimize waste.
9. Maintain proper stock of all products and supplies needed for service in assigned areas.
10. Maintain cleanliness of workstation kitchen area and equipment in compliance with quality, health, and safety standards and regulations.
11. Maintain a current knowledge of menu items and products.
12. Report any guest concerns or complaints to immediate supervisor for resolution.
13. Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
14. Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
15. Prioritize and handle multiples tasks simultaneously.
16. Complete other duties as assigned.