1. Performs initial patient assessment and ongoing assessments with subsequent visits for purpose of identifying needs and prioritizing problems. Assesses, plans and implements.
2. Room patients and obtain vital signs, chief complaint and telephone number.
3. Review current medication, problem list and allergies of all scheduled patients.
4. Administer prescribed medications and treatments according to approved procedures.
5. Utilize the nursing process to develop patient plans of care according to approved standards of practice.
6. Schedule patient appointments, pre-order labs and follow-up on referrals as needed.
7. Set up and assist medical providers during examinations and procedures.
8. Maintain complete and accurate medical records appropriately ( use concise terms, correct terminology, and approved abbreviations, initiate appropriate billing, etc.)
9. Maintain knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care within the nursing scope of practice.
10. Assess monitor and evaluates the quality of care being provided at SMHWC in collaboration with the Nurse Manager while maintaining up-to-date concepts for patient care.
11. Assess and identify the learning needs of patients and families in order to implement effective teaching methods that facilitate their learning needs for the purpose of explaining the preparation of tests and exams, the disease process and appropriate pharmacological interventions. Teaching methods need to be accurate, specific, and appropriate to patients’ need and diagnosis.
12. Assist others to implement appropriate teaching methods as well.
13. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public to promote efficient and quality patient care.
14. Fill-in triage line as needed.
15. Maintain licensure, BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
16. Plan and maintain own continuous professional and technical knowledge and growth through participation in professional, educational, and technical programs pertinent to area of interest
17. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.
18. Coordinates the Stockbridge-Munsee Health Center Nursing Department services and activities with the Ambulatory Nurse Manager.
19. Make appointments with outside providers as needed.
20. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
21. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
22. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
23. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
24. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.