Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
1. Must submit to court records search/background review.
2. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
3. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
4. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
5. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. Must attend all training as required by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Food & Beverage Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as required by the organization.
6. Must dress professionally, in the approved departmental uniform.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. All other assigned duties.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
2. An Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.
1. North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
2. Must have at least five (5) years of culinary experience in a fast paced/high volume establishment.
3. Possess ability to teach basic knife skills, cooking techniques, and sanitation guidelines.
4. Must have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, fractions, and percentages.
5. Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
6. Must have a working knowledge of computers to include spreadsheet and word processing applications.
7. Must be familiar with culinary terminology and be able to execute them in a satisfactory manner.
8. Must have ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously and minimize down time.
9. Applicant must pass a food-tasting test to qualify for the position.
10. Must be able to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
11. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift; which includes prolonged periods of being on your feet.
2. Required to frequently stand, walk, talk and hear. Also required to use hands/fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms; along with the ability to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds on a frequent basis.
3. Required vision abilities to perform this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception along with the ability to read tickets and adjust focus.
4. Must be able to work in an area that is both unusually hot and cold; with a moderate to higher than normal noise level.
5. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.
1. Responsible for the daily operation of the food service area and operating the kitchen in a successful manner as directed by the Executive Chef.
2. Must be able to lead and supervise the culinary team to ensure that all food served is monitored for taste and visual appeal, portion control measures are followed and level of waste is controlled by proper production levels.
3. Role model the Star Service Standards interacting positively through relationships with guests, coworkers, supervisors and customers.
4. Must be able to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to interview, hire and train team members; plan, assign and direct work; assist in scheduling of staff; performance evaluations; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve any problems.
5. Providing assistance to the Executive Chef in implementation and preparation of menu items, monitoring and ordering food products and supplies, calculating monthly inventory, lahor and food costs.
6. Maintain the food service area and equipment in compliance with quality, health, and safety standards and regulations.
7. Must remain knowledgeable about industry changes, trends, equipment and products in order to improve efficiency, productivity and increase savings and safety.
8. Must possess current knowledge of menu items and products used.
9. Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
10. Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
NOTE: Applicant must include resume with employment application