Every employee of North Star Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
2. Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
3. Must have an acceptable attendance record.
4. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
5. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
6. Must be at 18 years of age.
1. Must attend all training provided by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Table Games Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as assigned.
6. Must wear the approved departmental unifonn.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. All other assigned duties.
1. High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
1. North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
2. Must be proficient in multi-games such as blackjack, roulette and ability to complete training for additional table games.
3. Minimum of six months dealing experience is preferred.
4. Must have ability to perform intermediate math.
5. Must possess excellent communication skills, dynamic personality and strong, interpersonal skills.
6. Must be willing to enhance self-development.
7. Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays, with the ability to stand at a fixed work station for extended periods of time.
8. Dealers who have successfully completed poker training will be paid a $.50 per hour shift differential for hours worked dealing poker. Dealers who have successfully completed the craps training program will be paid a $1.00 per hour shift differential for hours worked dealing craps. Minimum of six months dealing experience is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: reaching, grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity and the ability to constantly shuffle cards). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
2. Must be able to stand in one area for an extended amount of time.
3. Ability to look in a downward direction for extended periods of time.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus, with the aid of prescription glasses/contacts, if needed; with the ability to read card and chip numbers.
5. Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
6. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.
1. Responsible for dealing and the integrity of the games according to the rules of the games and company policies and procedures.
2. Deal games efficiently, accurately and in accordance with internal controls and house procedures.
3. Compute payable odds to pay winning bets quickly and accurately.
4. Ensures the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
5. Must exhibit a cohesive working relationship with all employees.