- Available for evening and/or weekend hours when necessary.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required especially in situations that cannot be avoided. Examples are, but not limited to; severe weather or an employee emergency.
- Frequently walk, stand, bend, lift, reach, talk, hear, use hands to feel, handle, etc.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to forty (40#) pounds.
Pre-employment physical required. A Tuberculosis (TB) screening or skin test is required within thirty (30) days of employment and annually thereafter.
Work is performed in a community based residential facility with a home setting and moderate noise. Employees may be exposed to unpleasant odors, hazardous materials and infectious diseases. Situations may occur where gloves and/or masks are required to be worn.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work independently.
- Ability to operate various types of medical equipment as required.
- Ability to be compassionate and caring.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability and experience in establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Must be sensitive to the special needs of the elderly.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
- Must maintain coverage under the Stockbridge-Munsee Community’s Employee Dishonesty Policy prior to and during the course of employment.
- Must submit and pass a background security check to meet the Elder Youth License Requirements as it pertains to the position and the location of the department prior to and during the course of employment with the Stockbridge-Munsee Community
- Must complete fifty-six (56) hours of required training within ninety (90) days of employment. Subjects include but are not limited to: Standard Precautions/Communicable Disease/Infection Control, Medication Administration, First Aid/Choking, Food Service Training, Fire Safety, Client Specific training.
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency..
- Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
- Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
- Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines.
Applicants please clearly state on the application/resume if you meet these qualifications.
- Prefer a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in good standing on the Wisconsin Nurses Aide registry.
- Prefer one (1) year or more CNA or Home Health Aide work experience.
- Prefer employee who has completed the four required trainings for employment at a CBRF and listed on the WI CBRF registry.
- Knowledge or familiar with the culture and history of Stockbridge-Munsee Community.
Applicants please clearly state how you meet these qualifications on the application/resume.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Age 18 years or older.
- Telephone or cell phone required for emergency contact to fill-in when understaffed or emergency occurs.