Manages the supply and equipment purchases and maintenance.
· Maintains vendor lists and necessary contacts/contracts for utilizing VA contract pricing.
· While staying within a monthly budget, consolidate staff purchase requests to produce individual vendor orders.
· Prepare monthly purchase requisitions and submit for purchase orders
· Place orders
· Reconcile all vendor invoices for payment, make copies of supporting documentation, and submit for payment
· Maintain supply purchase and delivery records, laboratory fees/invoices, equipment purchases, and warranty records
· Reconcile laboratory invoices and submit for payment.
· Manage and maintain equipment repairs and maintenance
· Follow up with periodic equipment maintenance schedules
· Collect bids for equipment purchases.
· Maintain Safety Data Sheets in an centralized and organized location.Laboratory Assisting
Pours, trims, and labels models.
Constructs custom impression trays.
Constructs splints and soft mouthguards.
Prepares and packages cases to be sent to Dental Labs.
Checks in returning lab cases, puts them away and reports them to the appropriate DoctorPrevention
· Instructs a patient in preventive dental care: demonstrates brushing and flossing techniques use of disclosing tablets, and care of prosthodontic appliances.
· Explains the common causes of decay and its relationship to general diet.
· Assists the dentist in performance of oral health education programs in the dental office school and community.
· Performs child and adult prophylaxis to include topical fluoride application.
Placement of dental materials in the mouth and other intraoral procedures not involving the cutting of tissue, under immediate supervision of the dentist such as
Applies rubberdam and/or places cotton rolls to isolate operative site.
Taking diagnostic impressions modifies trays as needed.
Fabricate and cement temporary crowns
Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
· Monitor and submit patient and procedure information to various insurance providers, including Medicaid.