The Stockbridge-Munsee Family Services Program seeks to provide educational programming and direct services to families of the Stockbridge-Munsee Community. We believe that strong families are vital to the well-being of the individual and the community as a whole.
We strive to deliver enriching programs in a safe and nurturing environment, to motivate leadership, self-awareness, respect and responsibility. We are committed to preventing violence and abuse and to advocating for those who have been harmed. By drawing on the community's strengths, we can foster positive growth and change.
We understand the importance of our Native American culture and spirituality as we take part in creating and sustaining a strong, healthy community. To fulfill our mission, the following services are offered:
- Emergency shelter
- Independent living skills for adults and teens
- Supervised visitation for youth and elderly
- Emergency food and clothing
- Domestic violence training
- Staffing in-services
- Information and referral
- Parenting in-home and office
- Assessments for adolescents
- Client and youth transportation