When and How to Apply

Tribal Higher Education Grant


Recommended Filing Date:

Fall Term = June 1st

Spring Term = October 1st

Summer Term = May 1st


  1. Submit a copy of the college/university letter of acceptance/admission for new, re-entry and transfer students. (Students who have not attended school for one or more semesters will need to submit a current letter of admissions.)
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after October 1st of each year, at www.fafsa.gov. If you are completing the FAFSA for the first time you will also need to apply for a FSA ID (Financial Student Aid (FSA) Identification Number) for students and parents through the Federal Student Aid Pin Site.
  3. Comply with the school’s financial aid process and requirements.
  4. Complete Higher Education Grant Application Packet:
    1. Checklist
    2. Education and Career Services Application each academic year.
    3. Complete student section of the "Wisconsin Indian Student Assistance Grant" for new students using this link and for continuing students use this link each academic year.
    4. Academic Development Plan each semester/term.
      1. Meet with a school counselor/advisor regarding your class schedule and academic planning.
      2. The academic plan must be signed by the student and counselor/advisor.
    5. Copy of course schedule each semester/term
    6. Participant Acknowledgement form each academic year.
    7. Funding Acceptance Agreement form each academic year.
    8. Statement of Privacy and Release of Information form each academic year.
    9. Direct Deposit Forms

Financial Need Analysis - For Financial Aid Office

Lifetime Basic Education

  1. Policy
  2. Application

Student Activities Assistance

  1. Policy
  2. Application
  3. Letter of Procedure

Senior Banquet

  1. Policy
  2. Application

Digital Graduation Recognition

  1. Application